2008/11/06

Angel Bones

Angel Bones 6-14-93 / 1:15am

Thought: Grieving over the loss of a brother. It was about eighty degrees, the sun was shining and a slight rain was coming down. Slight enough that the driveway stayed dry but enough that you could smell it from the kitchen table and hear it in the trees.

Remnants of a fallen angel
where ever they may settle
find a way
to brush the dust from my soul.

I stumbled upon them
in the slumber of my dreams
browsing through boxed memories
unearthed from the feeling field.

Angel bones
parched white in the sun
blinded my eyes with tears
flooding my soul with relief.

Thought: Have you ever lost a sibling in your youth? Have you ever stashed away in the attic, in a box, the personal belongings? Have you ever forgotten about that box? Have you ever looked through that box? Have you ever decorated your home with its contents?

No comments:

Post a Comment