2009/01/18

Prelude to Resolution

12-24-94 4:00am


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByL9ShozSY

Considering the A.M.
Four.
Silent peace.
Heavenly new day sleeping.
Nothing moves.

Not guilt, not shame, not remorse, not self pity, not resentment, not anger, not depression, not frustration, not confusion, not loneliness, not anxiety, not betrayal, not hopelessness, not failure, not fear, not denial.

I put them down on paper
to hold them still.
To fold them and put them away.
I save myself from these
and a new child is born.


Author's Note:
On Christmas Eve at 4:00am I found myself contemplating a few contenders for the New Years Resolution. Eat less chocolate, drink less caffeine, stop the foul language toward annoying drivers, and go to bed earlier. (To name a few). Excess Chocolate or a late night bed time is not really the issue needing resolve. When I get to the root of these things on said list it comes down to a number of unresolved issues. So I wrote out a list of some of these root issues for future reference. What is listed above is what that list may contain.

I have yet to make a New Year's Resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment